About Our Company
Quist Engineering has been in business offering custom engineering solutions since 1999. We are an engineering service company specializing in review and approval of plans. The Principal, Erik Quist, takes a practical approach to Engineering problems and is open-minded when it comes to solutions. He holds both a B.Eng. & Mgmt from McMaster University and an Executive MBA specializing in Project Management from Athabasca University. He also holds a P.Eng. for the Province of Ontario. Quist Engineering holds a Certificate of Authorization and is a member in good standing with Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO).
Areas of expertise include:
- commercial greenhouses (structural approvals, Commitments to General Review (CGRs) and Project Management)
- other light structures, such as mezzanines and industrial racking and shelving (offer both design, approvals and Pre-Start Reviews (PSRs))
- residential new or retrofit (usually structural e.g. removing load-bearing walls and replacing with beams)
- structural for both residential and commercial/industrial buildings
- structural approval for Renewable Energy systems (mostly solar PV)
- agricultural buildings
- foundation solutions; and
- construction site visits for review and approval.
Involvement with long-term clients includes:
- specifying structural members for greenhouses
- heavy construction sound and vibration prediction/monitoring/
- blast approvals for heavy construction
- both destructive and non-destructive structural testing
- railroad rail de-stressing/tensioning
- rail stress testing
- project related work; and
- investigating new business development.
If there is an engineering issue that comes up, Quist Engineering will find the solution!
We have the experts to help you with your project. Give us a call and find out why we are your best choice.
Why Quist Engineering
We get the job done on time.
No-nonsense easy to talk to straight-forward communication.
From simple to extremely complex we are your solution provider.